Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Photos: Munich, Germany (Part 1)

Hello all! I forgot to wish you a Happy Star Wars Day! May the 4th be with you!

On to Munich! I will group my night shots of Munich together (meaning the first night we arrived, and the second night), like I did with Lucerne, so for now I give you a post of epic proportions Munich, Germany (part 1)!

These are my photos from the walking tour of Munich we did in the morning.




I somehow managed to catch a pidgeon mid-flight in this picture.

The crest of Munich on the manhole cover.


I like what they do in this part of Europe: when an old building is being
 restored, they put fabric over the scaffolding with a picture of the building
 on it. Just so you don't miss it too much.







As you might have guessed, this is a different church entirely.



Decoration pidgeons.





Parliament building. Mu and I ate in their cafeteria later. Excellent food. :D









:D








Pictures of the Hofbrauhaus will be in the night shots portion of the Munich
pictures! I know you are all looking forward to seeing the litres of beer!

The Hotel Modern. Oh how we loved thee. Our
room was the one right in front of the 'T'. Thank
 god the sign didn't work, or I would have gotten
 very little sleep.
We somehow got booked into a 1 star hotel--called the Hotel Modern--by mistake. It was anything but modern, believe me! My room wasn't too terrible, but some of the others were unpleasant. It was really close to all the sights, but on a rather scary street with peep shows next door. O.o We found a new hotel outside of Munich and checked out posthaste.



Tourguide Michael suggested we see this building. Really cool indoor mall!











See if you can spot what's wrong in this picture. Wait a minute.
Or an hour. Don't worry, it'll come to you.
Next up: Munich (Part 2)!

BACK TO PHOTOESCAPES

No comments:

Post a Comment