Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Engraved Wooden Box

Hey all! Here's a quick look at the box I made for my prop project at school!

I used 3/4" pine, cut with a chop saw to ensure all the angles were nice and square.  For the detailed edge on the lid I used a fancy router to carve that nice detailing!

The box itself was knocked together with wood glue and brad nails. The  holes were filled with spackle and then sanded smooth.


My main goal with this project was to learn how to use my dremel tool for engraving. The vine detail was my own design, engraved with the dremel.

The lid is attached with a hinge. 


It looks yellow-er than it actually is in this photo, but I stained it a darker brown, leaving the vines the natural wood colour. I think it looks pretty nice! ;D

I am going to use it as a new box to hold sewing tools!

No comments:

Post a Comment