Saturday, September 12, 2015

September Update

The con season is now officially over for me, and so now its time to get working on blogging all my new material. I have already finished posting my costume breakdown for Fire Nation Toph (part 1, part 2, part 3). Over the next few months I plan to cover my Inkling, Sakura and Vaporeon costumes--most likely in that exact order.

Other than blogging, I am going to keep working on some smaller DIY and clothing pieces that I have been wanting to make, before jumping back into creating my cosplays for next season. I will be posting progress pics on Facebook, so stay tuned!

I have been looking at the amount of costumes I own VS the amount of events I actually attend. I really need to go to more events and re-wear some costumes--particularly costumes that I have only worn once. This year I attended 4 cons: Anime North, Atomic Lollipop, Otakuthon, and FanExpo. Unless I contract the plague or a zombie apocalypse wipes out 99.9% of the population, I will be attending Anime North next year, and I certainly intend to go to Otakuthon again. As I have said before, FanEx is always nice to attend for one day. Everything else, however, remains up in the air. There are some cons on my radar that I am considering going to next year (namely AdAstra and Con Bravo), as well as the local cosplay picnics. I am also toying with the idea of starting to vend at cons as an artist again (but not at FanEx), but am trying to decide which ones. I don't intend to attend APop again next year, but am open to the possibility of going as a vendor.

In other news, my sewing machine was in need of repairs and had to go in for servicing last week. It put me a bit behind on some other projects I wanted to be working on--including some small commissions--but I have it back now in good working condition so I can carry on as usual around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment