Tuesday, April 8, 2014

April Update

Hey all! This month is turning out to be crazy! So many projects, so little time.

Madly at work finishing my projects for school, while simultaneously working on my original costume (Elven Archer) for Costume-Con, which is coming up at the end of this month. Fingers crossed that I will manage to get everything done! Right following Costume-Con I will be barreling straight into prep for Anime North, so look forward to that. Once again, I encourage you to become a facebook fan if you want to see cool progress as it happens.

Recently I have done 2 tutorial style posts, specifically looking at one aspect of a costume piece and how to put it together (namely my Piping Trim Tutorial and my Busk Closure Tutorial). Fact: I actually started this blog in part for my own benefit, writing down how I made things/how I did stuff so I could look back and have everything documented. This way I could use it for reference later when I wanted to do something similar, and even if I forgot how to do something I would have no issue looking it up later. Wondering if you guys like these and if there were any specific simple tutorials that people would be interested in seeing in the future? (Like zippers, hook and eye tape, etc.)

Last month I did a collaboration with Crowtrees Studio! It involves 3D printing and cosplay! :) I won't go into too much detail now (saving that for a later post), but I had 3 costumes scanned to be printed in miniature. They are still in progress cleaning up the 3D scans, but I am very excited to see the finished product. Below is a preview of one of the models!

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment