Super Buzzy, which is where this fabulous print comes from. Super Buzzy is a Japanese fabric and crafts site. They have some really nice prints. Although they can be on the expensive side... This particular fabric was given to me by my sister Alex for my birthday, and I finally got around to using it!
This is an original design that I made just for this fabric. Here is my design sketch, with the colour mock-up.
This dress was designed and made to wear to my cousin's wedding. Pictures of that should be up on Photo Escapes soon...
I made a broadcloth mock-up of the top before I went to the good fabric.
I cut 2 pieces of the front and 4 of the back piece. Each pair was sewn to itself at the neck and armholes, then turned inside out. This finished the neck and armholes nicely.
I finished the mock-up, made note of the adjustments on the pattern pieces and went to work making the good version.
I cut 1 front piece and 2 back pieces in my nice fabric and the same quantities for my lining.
The tricky part was the scalloped detail on the neckline. This had to be drawn out on the fabric and then traced with the stitch.
There was a bit of a gape at the armhole, so I solved it by putting in darts. Darts were put in the front and back. They had to be done carefully so I didn't decapitate any birds... Hahaha
The next step was to attach the tie to the band. It was made so it would be tied over the zipper.
Here is the little photoshoot my mum and I did at the wedding. :D