Monday, October 5, 2015

October Update

It's October now, crazy right? I thought it was time for a new banner on my facebook page, highlighting all my best/newer costumes. Photo credits to EleventhPhotograph (for Steampunk Captain, Forest Guardian, & Asuna), and Elemental Photography (for Splatoon & Vaporeon). I'm still on the fence about changing my banner on this page, because I like the current one so much. I will probably wait a few months before changing it.

This month I will be starting to post about my Sakura costume. It's a surprisingly complicated costume, so it will be broken down into many parts. I finished my Splatoon posts now, so be sure to take a look at those! Posts on Vaporeon will be coming in December most likely.

EleventhPhotograph is back in Canada for a bit, so I did a photoshoot with my Tomoyo and Sakura costumes the other weekend. Loving the fall colours from that shoot! Must enjoy the fall weather while we can. I've added my Tomoyo shots to my Tomoyo blog post, so be sure to go back and check those out!






I am currently prototyping some bags that I am planning on selling. Hopefully more info to come later this month. Other than that, I've got a couple costume projects on the go now--specifically my newest CardCaptor Sakura outfit and a lolita costume that I am just putting the finishing touches on. I'm also working on a Toothless onesie commission for Yavarice at the moment. I finished up some Splatoon tentacle commissions for some Squids 2.0, excited to have members of the blue and pink teams to join our ranks!

Speaking of joining the ranks, allow me to introduce you to the newest member of the team: Hans! It was about time that I bought a serger of my own. It's not the most hi-tech machine on the market, but it has a variety of features, and the reviews were positive. Having a serger on board will allow me to work with more stretch fabrics than I did previously, and also make finishing inner seams much faster.

At the end of the month I will be taking a short trip to New York City! Excited to do some fabric shopping! This time I will be going with a shopping list and reference pictures. Last time I was so unprepared, all I bought was a small bit of lace trim... Which I finally just used on my lolita outfit! Going to get fabric for my next costumes while I am in a place with such variety! I must be prepared!

Speaking of trips, I will be going back to Japan to visit my sister in November. There will be no blog posts while I am over there.


In other news, after many years of many many headaches, on the extreme insistence of a friend of mine I decided to get my eyes tested. It turns out I needed glasses for close up vision. So far they are working out well and appeared to have solved my problem, but wearing them has taken some getting used to--since I have never worn glasses in my entire life!

As you can see, September was a pretty busy month! Hopefully things will be a little less hectic here in the workshop this month.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment